So good a trade, I couldn’t even come up with a witty pop culture title. I know you’re disappointed, I can tell. 😉
Early last week, a lady contacted me about the Coronado that I had for sale in the local buy and sell. She said she loved it, and wanted possibly a couple of machines I had to do up a display wall in her quilting studio.
While talking to her, she mentioned that she had a B-Line King sized Frame and a Juki TL-98Q that she was going to sell (She’s ordered a gorgeous computerized Pfaff Mid Arm with a frame.).
She bought the frame and machine about 5 years ago, but had some health problems and didn’t even finish the original quilt on it. It still has the original needle in it! She told me what she thought it was worth, and a quick Google said her price was more than fair, if a little out of my budget. OK, a lot of out of my budget, but I’m selling machines slowly. 😉 I figured if she took a few machines, I’d find the money somehow to pay the remaining amount.
Well, she came by Wednesday to look at machines. She picked out a ton of machines and she wants me to find her a 221. She picked out enough machines that no cash needs to leave either of our hands. Better still, by taking a 1/3 of the machines I had here, I’m no longer tripping on machines every time I go into the sewing room.
The frame and Juki came home on Thursday, after I tried it out of course and immediately bonded with it.
While we were loading the frame, after we managed to get all those machines out of the truck and into her quilt studio (which I’m totally envious of by the way!!), we figured out that we’re family, sort of. Distant cousins, by adoption. What a weird small world! I think it goes like this: Her second cousin twice removed would be my adoptive grandfather’s nephew. So what the proper relationship is… uh… I’ll let the genealogists explain that one because I’m lost.
That night there were short arm bits everywhere! The machine was in the front hallway with half the frame and some charity quilts that she gave me to practice on.
The rails were on my cutting table, still loaded with the test fabric.
The rest of the frame was in the dining room, as were 3 boxes of bits and pieces.
Anyway, Friday I started tearing apart the dining room and living room to get it in and set up because I was sure that the frame would take up less room assembled. I was right. 🙂 The dining room table landed in the kitchen, the baker’s rack landed in the garage, soon to be put in the buy and sell, or on freecycle.
I’ll be shrinking that frame or moving it to the basement eventually, so Ryan’s chair doesn’t have to sit 2 feet in front of the wood stove anymore. I told him he’d probably love it in the winter,… built in bun warmer…
He’s the one who insisted that it be set up upstairs. He said that I wouldn’t use it if it’s in the basement. Of course not. There are spiders in the basement. I don’t do spiders.
Today, I finished the setup, and I hope to have no distractions tomorrow and just time to bond more with the machine.
Here it is with my ridiculously small practice project on it.